Cold Waldorf Chicken Salad
Prep: 10 min, Marinate: 30 min, plus chilling time.
- 2 Tbs. plus 2 tsp. honey
- 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. poppy seeds
- 3-1/2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. lemon peel, grated
- 2 Tbs. plus 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 8 dried apricots, sliced
- 1-1/3 cups roasted chicken meat, cubed
- 1-1/4 apples, cored and diced
- 2/3 cup celery, diced
- 3-1/2 Tbs. sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 Tbs. plus 2 tsp. green onions, minced
Place first 6 ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Stir in apricots and let stand 30 minutes. Add chicken and toss lightly. Chill until ready to serve. To serve, add remaining ingredients to chicken mixture and toss well.
Per serving: calories 344, fat 21.2g, 53% calories from fat, cholesterol 43mg, protein 14.3g, carbohydrates 27.5g, fiber 3.3g, sugar 21.6g, sodium 125mg, diet points 8.5.
Dietary Exchanges: Milk: 0.0, Vegetable: 0.4, Fruit: 0.9, Bread: 0.0, Lean meat: 1.9, Fat: 3.1, Sugar: 0.7, Very lean meat protein: 0.0
view detailed nutritional information