Roasted Vegetable Kabobs
A generous stack of roasted vegetables flavored with a deliciously tart vinaigrette - the perfect side dish for a gourmet cookout.
Prep: 15 min, Cook: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 lb. small zucchini, cut crosswise into 3/4 inch thick pieces
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 lb. baby eggplant, cut crosswise into 3/4 inch thick pieces
- 5 ounces button mushrooms, trimmed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
Created by: Chef Forrest D. Waldo, II C.E.C.
Whisk together white wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, garlic, 1-1/4 tsp. sugar, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. black pepper, and 1 cup olive oil in a glass measure until combined.
Toss zucchini in a large bowl with 2 tsp. oil, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 3/4 tsp. teaspoon black pepper. Repeat with remaining vegetables, working with one type at a time and keeping each batch separate. Thread vegetables onto skewers (thread zucchini and eggplant horizontally through slices so cut sides will lie flat on grill; leave about 3/4 inch between tomatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers and onions), using three skewers per type of vegetable and not mixing vegetables on any skewer.
Cook in a preheated 400°F oven with the broiler on high.
Per serving: calories 356, fat 34.5g, 83% calories from fat, cholesterol 0mg, protein 2.4g, carbohydrates 13.4g, fiber 3.7g, sugar 7.0g, sodium 160mg, diet points 9.7.
Dietary Exchanges: Milk: 0.0, Vegetable: 1.8, Fruit: 0.0, Bread: 0.2, Lean meat: 0.0, Fat: 6.6, Sugar: 0.0, Very lean meat protein: 0.0
view detailed nutritional information